Sunday, July 17, 2011

Anglepod - June 22, 2007

I’m away on a ten day excursion and have left the computer behind. So as not to have a ten day gap in posts, I’ve selected some of my favorite pictures from my pre-blogging days and set them up to automatically post one each day until I return. They may not be the best photo quality, but each identifies something of significance to me and to Blue Jay Barrens. I’ll continue my practice of current posts on July 27, 2011.

This image of the Anglepod, Matelea obliqua, represents one of only three times that I’ve seen this plant bloom at Blue Jay Barrens. Anglepod demonstrates the characteristics that cause me so much frustration with many of the plants here. Even though the plants are very abundant, they rarely bloom and I have never seen them produce seed. I’d love to have some Anglepod growing near the house so I could study its growth pattern, but it’s going to have to give me some seed before that can happen.

1 comment: