Thursday, July 21, 2011

Gentle - January 24, 2009

A sunny January day with no snow on the ground is priceless. This is the perfect day for cedar or brush cutting. Temperatures are cool enough for you to wear a thick layer of clothes as protection against the rough branches or thorns. You don’t overheat, so the working conditions are very comfortable. The shortness of the daylight period makes you stop before working yourself to death. An abundance of this type of day during the winter means a lot of work can be accomplished. Unfortunately, this is not typical January weather.

NOTE: I’m away on a ten day excursion and have left the computer behind. So as not to have a ten day gap in posts, I’ve selected some of my favorite pictures from my pre-blogging days and set them up to automatically post one each day until I return. They may not be the best photo quality, but each identifies something of significance to me and to Blue Jay Barrens. I’ll continue my practice of current posts on July 27, 2011.

1 comment:

  1. My goodness that description of cool, sunny weather sounds wonderful right now in the heat of July.

    ReplyDelete