Monday, July 25, 2011

Gray Treefrog - May 22, 2008

There are many things that I have come to expect to be a common part of the natural cycle at Blue Jay Barrens. They appear each year and I greet them with the same wonder and excitement that I displayed on our first meeting. The Gray Treefrog is a perfect example of this. I rush out to greet them at their first spring call and see them daily up to the time cold weather finally sends them seeking a sheltered place to spend the winter. I feel sorry for people who lose interest in common things. Even the most common of species still has many secrets that we have not yet discovered. I plan to continue observing and enjoying everything that I’m lucky enough to encounter.

NOTE: I’m away on a ten day excursion and have left the computer behind. So as not to have a ten day gap in posts, I’ve selected some of my favorite pictures from my pre-blogging days and set them up to automatically post one each day until I return. They may not be the best photo quality, but each identifies something of significance to me and to Blue Jay Barrens. I’ll continue my practice of current posts on July 27, 2011.

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty face. He certainly blends well with the bark of a tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creature. And I understand you. Let me add another point: sometimes when ppl lose interest in common things they can also miss some new and exciting things too.

    Here none is surprised to see doves: they're common big annoying clumsy birds. But after a closer look one can see they're different. Not just by color but sometimes there're different mixed species etc. I would've never noticed that if I haven't looked closer to my common neighbors none cares about.

    ReplyDelete