Saturday, July 23, 2011

Mating Black Rat Snakes - June 6, 2006

I enjoy wildlife encounters and don’t mind having animals share my living area. I try to keep them outside of the house interior, but I don’t mind if they occupy the attic, garage or crawl space. My wife and I were in the family room when we heard scraping, rustling and thumping coming from the attic. I climbed up to see what was happening and found these two Black Rat Snakes in a love embrace. It’s just a coincidence that they got tangled up with an old shed skin. It was actually the skin that was making most of the noise. I hope a lot of eggs resulted from this union.

NOTE: I’m away on a ten day excursion and have left the computer behind. So as not to have a ten day gap in posts, I’ve selected some of my favorite pictures from my pre-blogging days and set them up to automatically post one each day until I return. They may not be the best photo quality, but each identifies something of significance to me and to Blue Jay Barrens. I’ll continue my practice of current posts on July 27, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment